Fings Ain’t Wot They Used T’Be or things are not what they were.
Things have definitely changed in the world of work over recent years. Today it is more important than it has been since the early nineteenth century for people to think carefully about how to remain employable.
My forthcoming book is made up of a series of ten self-assessment tests written to help you maintain control of your career or to take control of your career. It will be published soon.
The ten tests are:
- Are you working too hard?
- Your performance at work: just how good are you?
- Do you have a strong online presence
- Are you creating your personal brand online and offline?
- How well do you manage yourself?
- Are you a time waster?
- How well do you deal with stress?
- Is working from home ever a good idea for you?
- Are you a lifelong learner?
- What do you want from your career?
The good thing is you will find the answers in this guide as well as the questions.
I will update this post during August 2018 with more details of this guide for people who take their careers seriously.
For the moment, just remember that Fings Ain’t Wot They Used T’Be.
That applies to jobs and careers today. It’s not just a song from a 1950s British musical.